daily hiking routes - all levels!
THE ENCHANTED BEECHWOOD
Activity suitable for FAMILIES with children from age 6 and over (under 6 if carried in a baby backpack).
Imagine the combination of superb views over the Picos de Europa mountain range, the infinite blue ocean to the other side, semi-wild horses and a fairy-tale forest. A 1.100 m high mountain within 4 km from the ocean. Just in Asturias you can find this unique setting. Let us show it to you!
We will guide you to the heart of the Sierra del Sueve Protected Landscape, home of the iconic asturcón, a native breed of semi-wild horses you will spot grazing in the meadows of this area. Go into a fairy-tale forest where centenary beech trees, giant tropical ferns and ancestral yews covered in moss live. The unbeatable panoramic view of the Picos de Europa, an impressive ocean sight and the landscape of this odd beech wood located at scarcely 200 m high and just 4 km off the coastline make this hike one of a kind because of its beauty and variety of landscape.
No doubt this will be a day you won’t easily forget .
Would you like to make it even more memorable? you can wrap this route up enjoying a traditional asturian dish in a typical restaurant. Just let us know when yo do your reservation and we’ll book a table for you at the perfect place (the one we will go ourselves!)
- Be amazed by one of the most spectacular panoramic sights of the Picos de Europa mountain range.
- Hike through the beech forest closest to the ocean in Spain (and perhaps in Europe!)
- Try to spot wild and semi-wild animals.
- Wonder at the variety of the asturian landscape .
- Meeting time: 9:00 am.
- Duration: 3 hours.
- Altitude: 100m+ / 500m-
- Distance: 9 km
- Level of difficulty : moderate.
- Route type: linear
- Path type: mountain path. Chance of muddy ground.
- Group size: 2-10 people (if the date comes and there is just 1 person in the group we will offer the opportunity to do the hike for an additional price).
- Meeting point: Caravia.
Price / person
Children up to 12 years old: 15 €
<2 people supplement: +30 € (just 1 adult with 1 child: +15 €)
Enjoy a private route at your own pace!: +40 €
- Official mountain guide with wide experience in the area.
- Casualty and civil liability insurances.
- First-aid kit and safety gear.
- Insider tips.
- Don’t you speak spanish? We got you! Choose english language option while booking this route.
- Transport to the meeting point.
- Food and beverages.
- Gratuities (optional).