daily hiking routes - all levels!
the heart of the PICOS DE EUROPA and its gastronomy
This route will take you through the less known masiff of the Picos de Europa: the eastern massif or Ándara massif. Its ancient working mine gives you the chance to walk comfortably through the insides. Reach to the magnificent Ándara lake where the spectacular views of more than 2.000 m high mountains surrounding you will leave you breathless.
Finish this hike visiting the highest village in Asturias, the legendary ‘capital’ of Picos de Europa and home of one of the gastronomic wonders of the region: the Cabrales cheese. Learn about the production process first hand, from one of the few cheese masters left and visit an authentic maturation cave with the best views of the world.
Wrap this unforgettable day up with a cheese tasting including a few culines of asturian cider poured into a glass at the traditional way. Fun!
- Marvel at the way human beings have chiselled the landscape of Picos de Europa through the years.
- Enjoy a perfect day for nature and gastronomy lovers.
- Get to know an authentic high mountain shelter.
- Discover and taste one of the oldest traditions of the Picos de Europa: Cabrales cheese.
- Be amazed by the variety of landscape.
- Meeting time: 9:00 am.
- Duration: 5 hours + cabrales cheese cave guided tour
- Altitude: 500m+ / 500m-
- Distance: 10 km
- Level of difficulty : moderate.
- Route type: circular.
- Path type: track, mountain path and sometimes rocky path.
- Group size: 2-10 people (if the date comes and there is just 1 person in the group we will offer the opportunity to do the hike for an additional price).
- Meeting point: Public parking Sotres.
Price / person
<2 people supplement: +50 €
Enjoy a private route at your own pace!: +80 €
- Official mountain guide with wide experience in the area.
- Casualty and civil liability insurances.
- First-aid kit and safety gear.
- Cabrales cheese cave guided tour entrance & product tasting.
- Insider tips.
- Don’t you speak spanish? We got you! Choose english language option while booking this route.
- Transport to the meeting point.
- Food and beverages (except tasting at the cheese factory).
- Gratuities (optional).